Sunday 27 December 2020

Lego Christmas Childhood Memory

It was late 80s in Turkey and newspapers were distributing Christmas gifts to those chosen by lottery who collected 30 coupons. My father was buying newspapers daily and I was responsible to cut the coupons and collect them. When we had 30, my mom and I went to the post office and sent them. As a child with no reading ability and internet connection I was not aware of its name but there was a picture of colorful blocks and amazing figures. There were other but these were what I wanted. Neither me nor my friends had these, I even didn’t see them in the toy store of our neighborhood. One thing was certain: they were magnificent. In the middle of December, it was announced that we won LEGO from the lottery. My family was also not aware of what LEGO is. Then next week postman brought a fancy box. My mom carefully unboxed it and we faced with LEGO Galaxy Explorer. It was a love at first sight. Since then I know what Lego is and it is no more a toy but a way of creativity, experience and imagination for me. And since that Christmas, I love LEGO…


Why did I write down the story above? Recently I have attended a contest by Lego. Unfortunately I am not the winner but at least I tried.

Describe a Christmas childhood memory

Share with us your best LEGO Christmas childhood memory – write up the story in English with min. 50 and max. 200 words and submit it via email to Jan@LEGO.com no later than 8 December 2020 end of all time zones. Please include your name and your country of origin in your email.

The LEGO House team will select the 3 winners. Please be aware that if you will be picked as a winner your story will be read to all participants of the event.

Everybody is welcome to sign up for the event – and there are even grand prizes to win in the two competitions. But please note that you can only win a prize if you join the online event.

No comments:

Post a Comment